The action has been fast and furious the last three weeks. And to heighten the whole sensation, it’s almost summer solstice which means the sun rose today at 4:27am and it will set at 11:36pm. I love manic season (workbikebbqwithfriendslaundrywalkdog all in one day) but re-jigging life at this time of year makes it extra exhausting.
Since I arrived on May 27th, the following has occurred:
– I started a new, summer contract, job
– I got offered a new, shiny government job which I accepted and I start in a week!
– Ben started work in the Land Titles Office. He considers the fact that he is now working in this area a cruel, cruel joke on the fact that Real Property was his least favourite course in law school
– Ben got offered a different, shiny government job
– Ben turned down different and is staying in Land Titles
– we had an offer accepted on a house
– we have moved where we are staying 3 times and will move again at the end of June. Couch surfing and house-sitting is lovely, but exhausting because one is never “at home”
It’s all good stuff and things are really coming together, but man, I am exhausted.
This weekend we are headed up to Mayo (image from epodunk) for their midnight marathon. I’ll only be running the 10km, but it will still likely kick my ass as I have been running really sporadically the last couple of months. Should be fun!