My ride to work took a mere 15 minutes this morning. ‘Tis the season of the skinny bike tires. My record time on my fat-tired Mukluk was 17 minutes and more commonly it would take me close to half an hour.
It’s spring, which is great, but there are still patches snow on the ground and most nights are still dipping below freezing. I enjoyed a couple of epically beautiful fat bike rides over the last couple of weeks but when we tried to go one for one last ride at Fish Lake this past Sunday, the best we could do was push our bikes out on some slushy snow, light a fire, roast weenies and wear bikinis. Could be worse. Thanks to Sierra for the awesome photo.
The next few weeks will bring:
– even more light: manic season is upon us!
– a weekend of debauchery in Skagway to celebrate a friend’s impending nuptials
– a greenhouse in our backyard
– a good friend coming to visit and possibly move to Whitehorse
– a weekend in Victoria visiting more friends and new babies
I’m looking forward to it all.